Friday 23 November 2012

Camp at Lakewood Lodge.

This is not me but it is a picture of the 11metres climbing wall.
 Harness on and ready to go. My hands are shaking and my legs feel like jelly. I tell Abby that I was ready and she tugged on the rope. Hand-by-hand and foot-by-foot I made my way to the top. Half-way there I get stuck. I couldn't get all my weight on the small handhold. Then I started to panic and I gave up I told Abby that I wanted to go down but she told me to try again. I admit that I was really scared and I just couldn't hold on any longer. So Abby let me down and I went to sit down. I looked up at the huge wall and I breathed in and out slowly.
 Afterwards I told Abby that I wanted to go on again and she let me. I went on and on planning each foot and handhold with the help of my team calling out to me. Finally I got to the part where I got stuck before. I breathed in slowly and went for it."Believe in yourself!"yelled Abby. With that I made it to the top and for me it literally felt like a heavy burden was lifted off my back. Next stop kayaking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love getting comments. Thanks for leaving one :)