Thursday 29 November 2012

The Sprint

"Junior boys relay team lane 7". As everyone took their places I thought about how well we would do if we didn't give up or even not letting the fear of not succeeding overcome us. All the boys looked very agile and fit but I didn't make that let me down."Take your marks  Get set  GO! Everyone tries their best but we are amazingly coming first! "Go Reremoana" I hear people cheering in excitement from the sideline. As the pressure rises the intensity of the race increases while the race gets closer. Screams get louder and my turn is getting closer by a few meters. "Go go" shouts my team mate. I hold the batten firmly and get a pulse of energy flowing through my body. Wind passes my face like a cold winters breeze. The opponent catches up slightly and I give it all I got. Against all the counties teams we ended up placing 2nd. We celebrate our placing among ourselves then we hear that we have qualified for AUCKLAND CHAMPS!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love getting comments. Thanks for leaving one :)