Thursday 20 September 2012

A short everlasting friendship

Purpose: To Describe/ To Narrate a play with characters.


         
         

            Bella                         Miranda                        Marissa (Miranda's mum)



Narrator: Ever since miranda's mum and Bella's mum meet in high school they were destined to be best friends. With Alley (Bella's mum) living school with the popular crowds and Marissa (Miranda's mum) going to school to learn and hide from the populars in the library at lunch time. They became friends when Alley and Marissa were paired up in a science project. Though they had many differences they quickly realised all the things that they did have in common. From that day on they were inseperable. 5 years after both being each others bridesmaids, they both had two little girls. Bella and Miranda, and that is when the friendship cycle started all over again.

Bella: (sits at desk staring at the clock) Awwww! school is so boring, when will it end!?
(bell rings)
Bella: YAY!
Bella: (rings Miranda)
Miranda: (speaks cautiously) umm hello
Bella: Hey Mandy Candy!
Miranda: (still speaking cautiously)  oh umm hey bell
Bella: can you meet me at poppys ice cream parlour in 15?
Miranda: umm sorry Bell, not today. Sorry got to go I will talk to you later.
Bella: umm okay, Bye (sighs loudly)
Bella: Gosh what did I do this time?
Group of people: (stares at Bella strangely)
Bella: I said that out loud, didn't I?  (blushes)

change of scene (Miranda's house)
Bella: (Knocks on Miranda's door)
Miranda: (opens door) oh hey bell, umm could you come back later?
Bella: No Miranda, I want to know whats going on?
Miranda: Bell stop please.
Bella: (starts raising her voice) Why are you ignoring me do you hate me Miranda?
Miranda: (tears start escaping from her eyes) You really want to know why?
Bella: Umm isn't it obvious Mandy?
Miranda: we umm can't be friends anymore. (tears running from her eyes. then slowly soaking into her shirt)
Bella: (tears cornering her eyes) and why is that?
(Miranda's mum comes up behind her) Mandy I think you need to tell Bell, you could use a friend
Bella: Tell me what?
Miranda: Bell....I have umm Cancer....
Narrator: The tears from both girls eyes had changed from light slow trickling tears to fast thunder storm tears.
Bella: (runs up to Miranda and hugs her) I'm so sorry Mandy! And I promise I will always be here for you anytime!
Miranda: thanks Bell
Narrator: The girls then stayed there for the rest of the night crying and hugging

6 months later

Narrator: The months had gone very fast lately for the two best friends. It was now school break and Bella was going to visit Miranda in the hospital. Things for Miranda were bad. Her usually fair coloured skin was colourless and dull. Her once bright green eyes like the grass were now green like slowly dying green leaves with speckles of brown on them.

Bella: walks into the small sterile room) Hey Mandy Candy!! Gosh I'm so glad school is over for a month!
Miranda: (laughs) Hey Bell.
Bella: (notices her friends sad face) Whats up girlie?
Miranda: oh just Im a little worried. Bell will people think I'm weird because I will loose my hair?
Bella: of course not Mandy. If they do, you tell me and I will go beat them up!
(both girls giggle)
Miranda: I am the luckiest girl in the world to have you as a friend!
Bella: Likewise!

(doctor walks in)
Doctor: (looks at clip board) so Miranda how are you feeling?
Miranda: Okay, I guess
Doctor: thats good. Now Marissa, can I please talk to you outside for a minute?
Marissa: (gets up from her seat) sure.

(Doctor and Marissa leave the room)

Miranda: Umm Bell, what are they saying?
Bella: Don't worry Mands, he's probaly just asking her about your chemo.
Miranda: (still worried) umm okay.

(outside the room)
Doctor: Marissa, Miranda isn't improving. So we need to up her chemo. We are not sure how much she can handle but we do know that it will cause her to loose all her hair.
Marissa: (shaking) Will it make her better?
Doctor: It should but it's very risky, but right now her luekemeia is still quite high. I'm sorry Marissa.
Marissa: (tears corner her eyes) please just do whatever it takes to make her better.
Doctor: We will.

Narrator: Marissa walks back into the hospital room. By the worried faces on both Miranda's and Bella's face they could tell the news was bad. Due to Marissa's arm's invaded by goose bumps and her wiped away mascara tears.

Bella: Is everything okay?
Marissa: umm yes they are just going to up your chemo Mands, don't worry Bell she will be okay.
Miranda: Mum..am I going to die?
Marissa: (talks in an unsure manner)of course not hunny. the doctors will help you.
Narrator: No one could be sure if Miranda would be okay. Whenever someone said she would, their voice would tell that they weren't sure either.

Narrator: It had been months and now Miranda basically lived in hospital. Her luekemia was slowly getting worse. Now when Bella went to see her every afternoon. All she saw was a girl her age. That had no hair and looked extremely miserable. Bella hated her seeing her soulmate, friend, sister like this.

Bella: (walks into the hospital room) Hey mands, I bought you your favourite magazine!
Narrator: No matter how cheerful Bella was all that you saw on Miranda's face was the same miserable mask. No one knew how much pain Miranda was in.
Miranda: Thanks Bell. Umm I didn't know how to tell you this but...
Narrator: tears filled her eyes and run down her usually red cheeks although her cheeks had been the same dull colour for months.
Miranda: Bell they think I'm going to die.
Bella: No Mands, No! don't say that! (tears quickly spill down her cheeks) I'm not letting you go okay! I won't let you go! your my soulmate without you, it would be like a sugar cube with no sugar. Mands I need you here..Please don't go
Miranda: okay I promise Bell I will fight this cancer till it's gone!
Narrator: The two girls just sat there letting there tears flow and hugging each other

Narrator: It was 1 month later and Marissa and Bella had been told that it was expected that Miranda would only have a couple of months left to live. Finally Bella couldn't take it she broke down. Every hour, every minute you name it Bella was at the hospital holding Miranda's hand.

Marissa: Bella you need to go see your family hon. It's okay Miranda will be fine.
Bella: but I can't leave her Marissa just look at her worn face! I need her.
Miranda: Bell it's okay you go see your family, Just promise me one thing okay?
Bella: what is it Mands...I would do anything for you!
Miranda: promise me you are my best friend and you will always love me.
Bella: I promise! I promise Mands. I will love you forever and ever you are my everything mands!
Miranda: Okay Bell please go see your family and know that I will always be with you okay?
Bella: Okay I'll go.
Narrator: At that moment the two girls hugged

1hour later

Bella: (I yell down the corridor to mandy's room) Mandy Im back!
Narrator: Bella walked into the room to find an empty bed.
Bella: no no no no no! (runs up to the reception)
Receptionist: Yes can I help you?
Bella: please help. I need to know Where Miranda Wilson is!
Receptionist: (Looks at Bella sadly) I'm really sorry, no visitors can see her, she is in the I.C.U on life support
Bella: no please don't let her die! I need to see her!
Receptionist: I'm sorry only family is allowed
Bella: I am family! I'm her sister
Narrator: and with saying that Bella sprinted to the I.C.U ward. She sprinted all the way up to ward and was checking every room. Pushing past any doctors. There she finally found a room that had 'Miranda Wilson' on it. She walked in to see Marissa holding Miranda hand. They both had tear tracks running down there cheeks and they looked miserable. Miranda looked up and saw her friend, she slowly whispered I love you Bell and at that exact moment she closed her eyes and her life support machine buzzed one line.

The end.












2 comments:

  1. Wow Caitlyn, what a tear jerker! Gee, can we have a comedy next time please... :D

    Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was so sad but very good i love it



    brooke rm8

    ReplyDelete

We love getting comments. Thanks for leaving one :)