Monday 3 September 2012

Photography

Do you like taking pictures of yourself? I can tell you I do, but its not what I call photography.
My name it Sheetal and I am here to tell you about one of my greatest hobbies, it was hard to pick one but with a little thinking I found just the right topic.
Photography.
Some people think that taking photos is pretty simple and it is. Taking a good photo is the tricky part, you want something eye catching, right? Thats why Im  here to help, today I will give you some tips and tricks to help you become a better photographer and tell you my journey around photography.

Firstly I will tell you how photography became one of my greatest hobbies and who inspired me.
To be honest I really dont know how photography became a hobby, but what I do remember is who inspired me to take photos, hes no other then my one and only dad. Dad always used to take photos on family trips (but you dont see that anymore, just me and the camera) and one day I guess he just passed me the camera and asked me to take a photo, and in a flash I was taking photos here and there, I guess I just fell in love with it really. Then I discovered more amazing things a camera can do, that I never even knew about, and slowly my skills grew bigger and bigger with the help of dad of course. Also last year I had the opportunity to learn more skills with our DP Ms F and I thought how could I miss a opportunity like that and I went for it, I learnt lots of new skills that made me a better photographer, I mean I wouldnt have missed it for the world. 

Secondly I will tell you 4 of the skills that I learnt from Ms F or from my dad. By the way there is a lot more tips and tricks you can try but I dont really want to write a novel (like my sharing circle news) 

1. The rule of thirds
The rule of thirds is one of the most useful techniques in photography. The rule of thirds involves 2 horizontal lines and 2 vertical lines going straight across the image as shown below



These lines will go straight through your photo, but why I hear you ask, because these lines will make sure your photo will look amazing, but how? With theses lines your photo will go from okay to fantabulous (thats a word I made up.)


I got this picture off google images.








(Here is a photo with out the rule of thirds)





I got this picture off google images. 







(Here is a photo using the rule of thirds)






Now I will tell you how to use the rule of thirds, firstly imagine the 9 boxes, 3 across and 3 down. Secondly how to make the picture look magical. In my first photo you can see the 9 blocks and red crosses you probably noticed the red crosses helps you. You put the main thing around where the crosses are. For example in my picture the bikes are in the corner that it the forth cross. You can choose one red cross to have your main object of your picture. Remember not to have the main object in the middle, move it to either size left or right. Move it from the middle.


2. Frame your picture
I really enjoy framing pictures but I dont use it much. Last year I had lots of fun learning the skill this is really simple. we all know what framming means right? well frame means in photography is a case that goes round a picture. While taking your picture you can make a frame with nature.In this picture the trees is the frame, you dont have to make the whole frame. Here is a picture I took

This picture I took last year with my friend, Shanay.  


In this frame I used my hand to make a circle frame.
Framing the picture is really easy as I said before. Lets move on to the next tip.
This is a bad photo because you can hardly see what it is but
this picture has its own charm.
I got it off google images.

3. Lighting
Here is the same picture with better lighting. 
Here is photo of a good lighting photo

This photo had perfect lighting and a good background 
As you can see lighting is very important because if your picture has no light it turn out black or it might look funny.


4. Be the picture director
Being the picture director is very simple. Your picture can go from this,

I got this picture off google images

To this,

I got this off google images

To be a picture director you need adjust what your picture looks like but obviously you cant move the sky tower or some other building. I suggest you don't touch the nature because it has its own glow and it would look pretty cool anyway, but to be the picture directer you need to experiment, move thing around and make it look unique.

 Lastly I will tell you what types of photographs I like
1. Motion picture like this one here
This is the original picture.

This is the copy we edited.
I also enjoy pictures of the:
Sky
Sunset and sunrise
Shadow photos
Rain
And many other type that will take a long time to write about.
What types of pictures do you enjoy?

Oh and remember to have fun taking the photos.
If you would like to learn more tips and tricks click here.

From: Sheetal
Editors: Vinnie and Bre'dyn

8 comments:

  1. Hi Sheetal,
    Wow! I love this blog post it is very interesting & your personality comes out in it. You had me locked into the story & have given me a little inspiration for taking photos! If you had any what advice would you give to a learner that wants to start photography?

    From Krisana xx :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyy Sheetal,

    I just read your writing and right now I feel like going and taking photos myself.You asked what do you like taking pics of mine would be my family friends sunset and of course my cat stella. Speaking of Stella why dont you check out my blog post about her if you want to know more!

    From Charlotte:)XD Rm 13.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Sheetal

    I loved this piece, I think I might take up photographhy now.
    You should come and read my piece.

    Lucy :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Krisana
    Thanks a lot for reading my post.
    Um advise... Just remember to have fun and enjoy yourself really.
    Do you edit your pics?
    If you do whats your favorite tool? :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Sheetal,
    Reading your post it sounds like your a proffesional. I particularly liked the lesson about lighting. I took a photo this weekend and it had bad lighting. I couldn't wait to see the photo but then you could hardly see the picture taken. So, I know what it's like to have bad lighting.I loved how you structured your writing and the before and after pictures that you put on it. Good link too. I always love taking pictures of family and friends and keep them as memories.You should check out my blog post about family. It has one of my favourite photos because it is clear and the picture has good quality. Right now I am interested in Photography.
    Do you know any more tips for taking pictures?
    Which one do you think would look good on a picture?Black and White or Sepia?
    Please reply soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Vinnie I love keeping memories too, of course I could give you more tips just ask me at school. I love black and white photos their just the best, Im not saying that sepia is bad i love that to but i just love black and white so much.

      Delete
  6. Hi Sheetal
    I think this is a post is a really enjoyable and informative read. You have integrated the pictures into the text successfully and this supports what you are trying to explain. It's true "a picture is the same as a 1000 words". I find it really hard to take a good pic and I am always super impressed with Ms Fothergills and Mrs Clarkes efforts.
    I look forward to reading your next post and I will return with interest and anticipation.
    Miss H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss H I feel really happy that you read my blog post and enjoyed it. I also enjoy Ms Fothergills and Mrs Clarks Photos too, I hope you enjoy the rest of our classes blog post.

      Delete

We love getting comments. Thanks for leaving one :)