Monday 24 September 2012

Taylor Swift

Who is Taylor Swift? Taylor Alison Swift is an American singer-songwriter as well as an actress. She was raised in Wyomissing, Pennsylvania. Taylor  moved to Nashville, Tennessee at the age of fourteen to pursue a career in country music. Taylor is successful in her career and she still sings today. She was born on December 13,1989 (age 22), and she loves to dance, hang with friends, listen to music, she enjoys playing instruments, shopping, writing and obviously singing. Taylor has lots of fans all around the world and some in a small country called New Zealand, that includes me. In this piece of writing I will tell you all about Taylor, her job and her world tour that she did this year. 


Got these Images of Google Images then edited them on picmonkey.com
 
Taylor first started acting in musicals when she was nine at the Berks Youth Theatre Academy. She traveled regularly to Broadway, New York for vocal and acting lessons. After a few years of auditioning for musicals in New York and not getting or winning anything, she became interested in country music. Which is her career today, as well as being an actress.  When she was 14 she signed to the independent label Big Machine Records and became the youngest songwriter ever hired by the Sony/ATV Music publishing house. The release of Taylor Swifts album in 2006 made people see her as a country music star. Our Song which is her third single, made her the youngest person to single-handedly write and perform a number one song on the country chart. Taylor got given the Best New Artist award at the 2008 Grammy Awards. Taylor Swifts second album, Fearless, was released also 2008. She was also successful with her singles "Love Story" and "You Belong with Me," which was from the album Fearless that won four Grammy Awards, with Swift becoming the youngest ever Album of the Year winner. Fearless also received Album of the Year plaudits at the American Music AwardsAcademy of Country Music Awards and Country Music Association Awards, making it the most awarded album in country music history. In 2010, Taylor released her third album, Speak Now, which sold over one million copies in its first week, including one that I brought. She then traveled on the thirteen-month Speak Now World Tour, which booked out a lot of arenas around the world. Her tour was attended by over 1.6 million fans. The album's third single, "Mean," won two Grammy Awards. Taylor Swifts fourth album, Red, is set for release on October 22, 2012. The lead single, "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together," became Taylor's first song to reach number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, which is also popular at my school.
 
Personal Photos From Taylor Swifts 2012 World Tour, Auckland
 

Taylor Swift had her Speak Now world tour in 2012. Luckily I was able to go to her Auckland, New Zealand concert at Vector Arena on the 16 of March. It was amazing the arena was packed! It was exciting because I love Taylor Swift and it was my first concert I had ever been to. I experienced this amazing night with my Mum, sister, Aunty and 2 cousins, and I would go to another one of her concerts again.   
 
Got these Images of Google Images then edited them on picmonkey.com
 
 
I like Taylor Swift because she inspires not only me but young kids and teens. She is responsible and doesn't do anything silly to get herself attention or into trouble. Taylor is pretty and as you know she sings, and I love to sing too. Specially her songs that she played at her concert;
- Mine
- Back to December
- Speak Now
- Dear John
- Mean
-The Story of Us
- Never Grow Up
-Enchanted
-Better Than Revenge
-Innocent
- Haunted
- Last Kiss
 -Long Live


 
Taylor is an awesome down to earth person that would do anything to help and support others. She is a great role modal that is very responsible and she always thinks before she acts. Personally I love Taylor Alison Swift and I wish I could meet her in real life. 

Which celebrity inspires you?

5 comments:

  1. Rachel from Waiuku Primary25 September 2012 at 06:46

    Well done on a great piece of writing Jessica.
    I'm not a real fan of Taylor Swift, but your introduction was very compelling and made me want to read to find out more! I can now see why she inspires you - what a clever young lady she is!
    Thanks for sharing your writing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment Rachel. I hoped you enjoyed readig my post. At Waiuku Primary do you/classes do blogging?

      From Jessica :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Jess
    I've always really liked Taylor Swift but I've never ever ever bought one of her albums (get it? Lol!). After reading your post I think I actually might buy one. This was a very comprehensive piece of writing Jess, you've done a great job. Are there other musicians that you like as much as Taylor?
    Mrs Clarke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jess

    I absolutely loved your writing. It really inspired me to look up to Taylor Swift.
    I didnt know much before but now I do.
    Have you always looked you to her???

    From Rubana =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this is realllllllllllly random, but I randomnly came across this and I'm a Swiftie myself (@thankyoutswift on Twitter) but your post made me smile from ear to ear. LONG LIVE GIRL!

    ReplyDelete

We love getting comments. Thanks for leaving one :)