Tuesday 25 September 2012

My Pet Bambi! =)


..My Pet Bambi..


Everyone has a pet, even I do, but I used to have a pet that had a very warm spot in my heart. He was called Bambi and he was a goat. Even though I had lots of people that used to tease me about my pet but I never put myself down. Everyone used to drive past on a nice sunny day and admire him. 

Firstly, when we got Bambi he was only 3 months old.  My uncle went to this farm and this Chinese guy shot Bambi's mother so my cousin brought Bambi to our house because they had no grass at their house.  At that time it was our Eid festival so he was a gift from our uncle.  My sisters and I would bottle feed him in the back yard until he was old enough that he didn't need milk anymore.  He would eat grass every day without stopping and we would make him drink water even though he didn't want to.  Bambi grew a lot, he was getting fat and he also grew horns on his head.

Secondly, Bambi spent lots of time with us on special events like Halloween and Christmas. On Halloween he was dressed as a reindeer with antlers. We had lots of fun going trick-and-treating with him. On Christmas he had a red nose and antlers to be Rudolf the red-nosed reindeer but his red nose kept on falling off. He also has been to alot of places like Bunnings,  The Warehouse and Wellington but he kept doing his business on the car seat. Thirdly, Bambi had to go because everyone kept on complaining about him so the council guy had to come and tell us to give him away. So then my dad had to sacrifice cultural Kurbaani (where you have sacrifice a loved animal). He was only  11 months old but now he's gone but Bambi is still in our memories.  

And lastly, We loved Bambi and we always will, doesn't matter what anyone says he is a family member for us. Bambi was so cute because he is really small and soft, that's how I remember him. He was the most special pet I ever had. We have a lot of memories with him and I will cherish them and I will never forget him.
Bambi when he was a little baby.
He used to have a light blue collar.

Bambi when he grew up.
Bambi also when he was a little baby.

By Rubana Hafiz. =)

2 comments:

  1. It was really cool to hear about Bambi Rubana. I remember driving passed him earlier in the year and he always made me smile. I always wondered what he ate not living on a farm? Did he just live on grass or did you feed him extra tidbits?
    Mrs Clarke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He actually ate alot of things but grass was the main one. He ate bananas and the skin, apples, grapes, and he used to drink salt water.

      Rubana. :)

      Delete

We love getting comments. Thanks for leaving one :)