Monday 24 September 2012

Being Infront Of The Camera

When you are chosen to film a commercial for television, you get very tired from the early morning starts and there's lots of moving locations. I remember the whole crew and cast having to move to different hotels and situations quite a bit. I'm going to explain my experience of when I went to film the Hyundai Commercial.

The commercial I did recently was for a Hyundai Santa Fe car and it was very exciting! It was a 12 day trip to Queenstown. My brother and I were so excited! Reuben has never been to Queenstown before but I had gone down previously to film a different advert. But thats a different story! We also stayed at Lake Tekapo, The Mount Remarkables, Forests and grassy land with horses! The Hotels we stayed at were The Heritage, The Mackenzie Country Inn and Peppers. The cast and crew stayed at these hotels twice in different stages - so not all at once.

The Cast were pretty amazing! Our 'Dad' for the advertisement has been in the filming industry for over 10 years. The kids were obviously myself and my brother Reuben and our 'Mum' actually plays a part on a NZ television program.

The funny thing is I can say that I was at 'work' or I went to 'work'!
I had such a great experience and loved and enjoyed everything about it. I really want to continue in this filming indrustry and pursue a career out of it.
Unfortunately this commercial is only viewing in Australia :( but I will try and find the commercial on either the official Hyundai website or Youtube so keep watching Room 13's blog!

Note: I can't add the advertisement as this job is still classified, but I can show you the older version of the Santa Fe car :

Also the Official Hyundai website link :  http://www.hyundai.co.nz/ 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Georgia - do you have a date for release yet? I am itching to see it! Ms F :)

    ReplyDelete

We love getting comments. Thanks for leaving one :)