Thursday 30 August 2012

fijian rugby players

When I say great rugby players you think of Richie Mcaw, Dan Carter, John Kirwin, Jonah Lomu and I'm not gonna lie, they are bloody legends ,but it's time to open your eyes just a little bit more to a small country down in the South Pacific Ocean... Fiji...

We all know that sevens rugby is fiji's best sport, and your not wrong.Fiji is starting to take over the sevens competition ,with nearly one third of the New Zealand's national sevens team being Fijian and also Fiji's national sevens team creeping up to first place in team rankings.

Fijians are mainly known as speedsters in rugby and you will usually find them on the wings, in fact fijians are so good that they get recruited from teams all over the world for example joe rockocoko who went to play for the All Blacks, Akuila Uate who went to play for the Newcastle Nights, Australia and New South Wales, Jarryd Hayne who played for the Parramatta Eels, and many more players. When Dad and I watch Television at home we sometimes watch European Rugby because there are always so many Fijian players in it.


there are many Fijian rugby players out there and two of my cousins were very lucky to make it into the NRL ( National Rugby League ) and be selected to represent the Newcastle Knights. I am very proud of them, but my two favorite players will always be William Ryder and Waisale Serevi.


                                                     William Ryder







                                                       Waisale Serevi


After reading my blog who is your favorite rugby player?
  
pollcode.com free polls 

8 comments:

  1. Your love of rugby shines through in this post Latham and I can hear your 'voice' right from the beginning. I want to know the answer to a really tough question - union or (MIGHTY) league?
    Mrs Clarke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Latham, I really enjoyed reading your piece. I am a proud Waikato supporter myself, who did you support in the recent Super 15?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You raise an interesting point about how sought after Fijian players are around the world for their speed, Latham. It is a real achievement for a country of its size to produce world-beating teams in any sport and Fiji are a real force in sevens rugby.

    Mr Blake

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Latham I really like your blog post about fijian rugby players. It has lots of information.You have links and the videos have really good music that makes you your head imagine more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi latham,

    I really liked you post because you had lots of info and multimedia which told and showed me lots about the rugby stars. I now no lots about those rugby stars.

    Liam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Latham,
    I loved your post because of all the way that you described the Fijian rugby players.I am a proud supporter of William Rider and Serevi myself.
    I also feels good to relate to something that I grew up knowing. My Uncle in Fiji never misses a chance to watch the Sevens and the whole family watches it too.
    You will always see us on our feet and screaming our heads off for the team.I always look forward to watching them play the "All Blacks".
    Overall I loved your post. Do you know any names of some more famous players?

    ReplyDelete

We love getting comments. Thanks for leaving one :)