Thursday 30 August 2012

Inspiring people to me

Everyone has someone who inspires them,I have lots of people that inspires
me but I'm only going to name a few. First ill talk about Michael Jordan,
then my great grandad Wichman and finally my friends. 
Who hasn't heard of the great Michael Jordan, he's known to be the best basketball player to step on the court. He was born on the 17 of February 1963 in Brooklyn USA. He's started his professional career in the NBA for the Chicago Bulls in 1984, he was only 21 years of age. He played for the Bulls for 14 years and missed only 1 season. After that he decided that was enough and retired. But in 2001 (3 years later) he got back on the court and played for the Washington Wizzards for 2 years.to me that's very inspiring but that's not all after he decided to retire again he decided to stay with basketball. In 2010 he decided to help the Charlotte bobcats that were heading for bankrupt and buy them. He's now The coach of them. Thanks to him the bobcats are now
heading towards a bright future as a club. I enjoy playing basketball
thanks to him he's showed me that basketball is a fun sport and if you
can dream you can achieve.


                                                          

Just think what it would be like in the war, the destruction and deaths. It would have been horrible, people that have experience that, havebeen heroes to their country's. But there's one person that was in the
war that inspired me to believe you can get out of any situation. That's my great grandad Leslie, he's a true fighter he survived the war in the islands and even survived the middle east. Sadly I didn't get to meet him but luckily my Nana had a chat to me. She said he was a shy man and loved sitting on his chair in his back yard by his vege garden under the peach tree. If he wasn't sitting in his chair he would be in the Manukau harbour fishing in his boat. I wish I could of meet him and have a talk to my great grandad. He sounded like an amazing person and he's missed and loved by my family.

Lastly my very inspiring  friends, they have always stood by me even when I'm not the best friend I can be sometimes. Imagine what life would be if you had no friends. I would hate life and never express myself. My friends have inspired me to be the best friend I can be and
treat people how you would like to be treated. I think the world about my
friends and you should think the same about yours.

Those are people that inspire me and you should do a post on people that
inspire you. I would love to read it and see who inspires you, and see if 
someone in your family inspires you like my Great grandad. 
                                         thanks for reading. 

7 comments:

  1. What an amazing post Dylan. I can really sense your love and adoration for the people you chose to write about. You had a great message and think it was a really good idea how you spoke directly to your audience at the end of your post - nice. I'm wondering if there's anybody that inspired your love of maths that I see so often?
    Mrs Clarke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dylan, I really enjoyed reading your piece too. What a special picture of your great grandad. It reminded me of some special pictures I have of my great grandparents. Is he on your Wichman side or Mum's side of the family? I look forward to reading more of your blog posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dylan, after reading your blog post I am overwhelmed by your ability to make me feel inspired by these people as well. The way you wrote about these people made me see then through your eyes and your heart. You have a good heart and I bet that you inspire others just as much as these people inspire you. I love my friends and they inspire me and I couldn't imagine what life would be like without them. I call my friends my 'medicine' because they always make me feel better. Great writing, Dylan!
    Mrs Majurey

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks everyone for the comments i'm going to use all the great feedback and involve it in my writing
    dylan

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was an Awesome post Dylan. I liked how you had quite a bit of info about Michael Jordan. I know that you love rugby ,but which do you like better Basketball or Rugby ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey i like rugby but i love basketball.
    dylan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Dylan,I like your post about who inspires you. I like how you talked about Michael Jordan and how he inspires you. Who is your favourite NBA team now?

    ReplyDelete

We love getting comments. Thanks for leaving one :)