Thursday 30 August 2012

Mia

Purpose : Inform

Before Wednesday last week I just thought babies were things that could be cute but other than that they just cried, vomited, slept and ate. To be honest babies didn't appeal to me at all! But last week my aunty had a baby named Amelia.

Mia was born on Wednesday 22 August at 7:32 pm. She was a premature baby and meant to be born 13 days later. She has fluffy black hair which we are thinking will turn Blonde as mine did. She hasn't really opened her eyes much, but they are looking like a blueish greenish colour. She has really chubby cheeks but is as light as a feather.

On the 24 my aunty and Uncle found out Mia had Jaundice, Jaundice is a yellow problem with the skin, its also known as icterus. It's caused by old red blood cells. To fix this she had to wear these cute little goggles and be under blue lights. The blue lights made her look like a little avatar smurf (which only made her look cuter!)

After 5 days of being in Middle more Mia was allowed to come out because her Jaundice levels had come down to 191 which means under 200 is safe for her to leave. Lately she is not allowed to be under much sun so she has been wearing these little purple glasses.



I'm definately a proud cuzzie of Mia and I hope when she's a bit older she will share the same memories as I did when I first meet her.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Caitlyn,
    Mia looks really cute. The blue lights did make her look like an avatar.
    Is she home yet?

    looking forward to hearing from you..
    Rubana. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah she is home....I can't wait til this Sunday for Fathers Day when I'll get to see her again! xx

      Delete
  2. This post gave me warm fuzzies Caitlyn..and lots of memories from about a year ago! I tell you now it will be amazing how fast she grows and I'm sure this proud cuzzie will be watching her every step of the way. Will the jaundice ever go away completely? Was she smaller than usual because she was premature?
    Mrs Clarke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caitlyn I especially enjoyed your post for two reasons. 1) It was about a lovely newborn baby :) and
    2) The photos you used were so interesting! I had never seen that blue light treatment before. When I was born I had a slight touch of jaundice and the nurse told my mother to lay me on the carpet in the lounge in a sunny spot each day. I wonder what it is about the light that helps the jaundice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it might be the brightness of the light and the vitamin A in it.

      Delete
  4. Yeah it will go away, She is almost clear of the Jaundice now which is really amazing!
    To be honest she was quite small when she was born, but now she is quite big because she is a greedy guts! just like her dad! lol :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Caitlyn
    I read in a earlier comment that she was home now.
    Is her jaundice gone yet?

    Lucy :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her jaundice is not completely gone and it won't be for a while but its slowly decreasing :)

      Delete

We love getting comments. Thanks for leaving one :)